We are looking for people who appreciate the professional environment, ready to invest their knowledge, gain invaluable experience and striving for personal growth.
We offer interesting work and ample opportunities for professional development, both to professionals with experience, and graduates of universities and students.
The main thing is your purposefulness. The company designs, builds and renovates. KP Construction is a dynamically developing company with a friendly team of employees of various specialties. The upgrading of the skills of the staff, the disclosure of the capabilities of each member of our team is the principles of the work of KP Construction.
Assistant Project Manager
Are you a collaborative, detail-oriented team player looking for an opportunity to get started in the residential construction industry? We’re looking for you!
We are currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join our dynamic team. The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting a Project Manager in coordinating the activities of multiple projects. This is an entry-level position involving daily correspondence and interaction with clients, subcontractors, and vendors related to project scheduling, equipment, and materials. Projects will vary in size ($10,000 – $150,000), scope, and complexity.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assist Project Manager with the management of projects through design, construction, and close-out stages of a project
- Assist Project Manager with the preparation of quotations for new projects: initial meetings with potential clients to identify clients’ needs and to take site measurements
- Assist Project Manager with the preparation of cost estimates of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on quotations, drawings and specifications
- Ensure all material details for projects (finishes, etc.) are finalized in compliance with the client’s requirements
- Work to obtain all necessary permits (zoning / building) as requested by the Project Manager
- Order materials for projects, prepare and track purchase orders
- Deliver materials on site as required
- Search for new materials for design and cost savings
- Handle general inquiries from clients, general contractors, sub-contractors, designers, and vendors and provide required information in a professional and prompt manner
- Update contractor and vendor database
- Maintain existing and establish new relationships with suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and sub-contractors as requested by the Project Manager
- Attend on-site and off-site meetings as required
- Performing related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years’ of business administration
- Experience in the residential construction industry and previous exposure to design documents, construction documents, and / or contracts will be an asset
- Strong computer skills (knowledge of MS Project is a plus)
- Strong, professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Highly self-empowered, motivated to learn
- Attention to details: thoroughness in accomplishing tasks for concerns in all areas involved, no matter how small
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative when required
- A functioning vehicle, a valid G driver’s license
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please use the contact form on the right-hand side of the page to submit your resume
Your application should include:
- A one (1) page cover letter and your resume in one (1) pdf document
- Please reference your name and the position title in the cover letter section of the form
We appreciate all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.